[Monotone-devel] Re: invalid file name

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: invalid file name
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:50:59 -0500

Peter Simons wrote:

I guess the ':' as part of the file name is causing the problem. So I
wonder: How do I handle cases where files _do_ contain the colon and I
cannot change that? Is there any chance to get the file under version
control? Is there any change to tell monotone to _really_ ignore those
files, so that "ls unknown" will not fail?

alas, for both of these, all I can suggest is "wait till I finish the i18n changes" (Real Soon Now) because they address prohibited filename character issues concurrently. unless you have control characters in your filenames, in the future this problem should just go away.

-graydon