Re: [Monotone-devel] bug reports / first impression

From: Nico -telmich- Schottelius
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] bug reports / first impression
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:02:31 +0200

Well, thank you all for the good feedback, some questions
are still open:

- did/will you apply those ideas to the website?:

> build:
> - name only the -dev packages -> others follow automaticly
> - libboost-1.30 is outdated -> don't even name it (see above)
> - announce libboost-filesystem-dev
>
> - followed http://www.venge.net/monotone/docs/Getting-Started.html and got
> --------------------
> scice% monotone commit 'initial addition of files'
> monotone: committing fb99b0ea87058d779004806642e28578f275310d
> monotone: committing to branch main
> enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden :
> monotone: misuse: no default author name for branch 'main'
> --------------------
> why not name the lua function to return the user there?

> - on http://www.venge.net/monotone/self-hosting.html:
>    Bad linebreaks: You cannot see whether it's still a command or
>    if it is part of the output.
>    Example:
>
> monotone --db=monotone.db --branch=net.venge.monotone heads branch
> 'net.venge.monotone' is currently merged:
>

> use:
> - only once asked for a password at genkey!

is this fixed in post 0.12?

> - mistyped 'diff' to 'dif'
> --------------------
> scice% monotone dif
> monotone: unknown command 'dif'
>
> **** error return code: 1
> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********
> --------------------
> [very long error messages, two unecessary lines]

Will you remove those lines?

> - another nice message (at 'pull):
> [too much information (fd 7) and not very good readable]

> - too many error messages again:
>
> --------------------
> scice% monotone --db=monotone.db ls certs manifest dcc23

Same question as above :)

Greetings,

Nico

P.S.: I hope I didn't overread the answers of the questions,
      I am really overwhelmed by the good and much feedback!

--
Keep it simple & stupid, use what's available.
pgp: 8D0E E27A          | Nico Schottelius