Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: bug reports / first impression

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: bug reports / first impression
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:00:25 -0700

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 12:09:18AM -0400, graydon hoare wrote:
> Nico -telmich- Schottelius wrote:
> >>- on http://www.venge.net/monotone/self-hosting.html:
> >>  Bad linebreaks: You cannot see whether it's still a command or
> >>  if it is part of the output.
>
> I've updated this page; it should be more clear now (if you have a
> CSS-enabled browser). I also changed the content a bit to be more
> interesting stuff, and corrected some output format drift.

Looks good!  One more tweak: can I suggest removing all those
'--key=""' arguments?  They're superfluous, as far as I can tell, and
they make it look like monotone is clunkier to use than it really is.

"...these, like all words, have single, decontextualized meanings: everyone
knows what each of these words means, everyone knows what constitutes an
instance of each of their referents.  Language is fixed.  Meaning is
certain.  Santa Claus comes down the chimney at midnight on December 24."
  -- The Language War, Robin Lakoff