[Monotone-devel] Re: Update replacing deleted files

From: Hans Fuchs
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Update replacing deleted files
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:31:58 +0200

Hi Graydon

graydon hoare wrote:

"monotone ls missing" lists all the files which are listed in the working
copy manifest, but are not present in the working copy. I would think
that "monotone ls missing | xargs monotone revert" would do what you want.

I like that one. Everything that can be done using a pipe should be done so. :-) But maybe there should be a section in the documentation listing such combined commands. Also a section how to fix things would be nice. Altough I don't know how much there's that can possible go wrong... Shouldn't be too much. :-)

  - add a "fix" command which corrects various forms of undesirable
    state, of which "fix missing" is one subcommand.

I definitly like that. I think people make mistakes and a good tool should help them fixing these. Having all possiblities to fix stuff right in a command will save people a lot of worries.

So I'll leave my code. I think the pipe command would do and I can imagen there are a lot more important things to do.

Best,
        Hans