Re: [Monotone-devel] NetBeans

From: Derek Scherger
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] NetBeans
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:02:05 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Jon Bright wrote:
I'm very interested in an Eclipse plugin... but I have very little time to

ditto on both fronts, I'm sure a good ide plugin will help a lot with encouraging people to try monotone out too.

devote. If there's general progress in the direction of having a working generic java plugin, I could maybe find the time to add Eclipse support to

yeah, my basic assumption is that most ide's will have some form of vcs adapter api. then we need something representing monotone that such an adapter can target. so what I'm working towards is a generic, layered java wrapper around the monotone executable which translates java method calls into their associated monotone commands, executes them, parses their output into something sensible and returns that.

this much is basically working, and I've started to look at using it to
build a plugin for the intellij ide but there are a few issues. this ide at least likes to check the status of files rather frequently and issuing monotone commands for all of these requests is rather slow. so I've also started on wrapping the basic execution functionality above in a caching
thing to try and help out performance.

I'll do my best to get the database this lives in converted to 0.16 format and put up a netsync server for people to see in the next few days, time permitting.

As a general question, would people and in particular Graydon :) like to
see this in the off.net repository, perhaps in a branch like
net.venge.monotone.plugins or something?

Cheers,
Derek