Re: [Monotone-devel] ANNOUNCE: monotone 0.17

From: Matthew A. Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] ANNOUNCE: monotone 0.17
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:47:40 -0600

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
0.17 is now available from http://venge.net/monotone/ , together with
info on what's new and upgrade instructions.

The netsync server on venge.net (aka off.net) has writes enabled
again; you must be using 0.17 to talk to it.  Because the revision
graph was rebuilt, and 0.17 has epoch support, if you try to pull into
a database that already has stuff in it then you'll get a nice error
message and the pull won't happen.  Use an empty database, just like
for 0.16.  Don't forget to copy over your private keys.

(It'll probably take a few hours to sanity check all the new
revisions.  Sorry about that.  It takes about 3 hours of sitting
there at 100% CPU on my 3Ghz P4.)

Binaries for Win32, OS X, and Fedora Core will be available as soon as
someone out there sends them to me.  (Hint hint.)  If no-one sends
them to me, they won't exist, so there ;-).  (There's a .spec file for
building RPMs, so it shouldn't be too hard to do.)

enjoy,
-- Nathaniel

Im looking in the std_hooks.lua file for 0.17, and notice a warning message when using meld for merges. I just wanted to point out that vim suffers from the same problem in that you need to merge to the left file. Also we should probably include support for kompare to (if some one feels like adding it...).

--
Matthew A. Nicholson
Matt-land.com