[Monotone-devel] ANNOUNCE: monotone 0.17

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: [Monotone-devel] ANNOUNCE: monotone 0.17
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 01:04:24 -0800

0.17 is now available from http://venge.net/monotone/ , together with
info on what's new and upgrade instructions.

The netsync server on venge.net (aka off.net) has writes enabled
again; you must be using 0.17 to talk to it.  Because the revision
graph was rebuilt, and 0.17 has epoch support, if you try to pull into
a database that already has stuff in it then you'll get a nice error
message and the pull won't happen.  Use an empty database, just like
for 0.16.  Don't forget to copy over your private keys.

(It'll probably take a few hours to sanity check all the new
revisions.  Sorry about that.  It takes about 3 hours of sitting
there at 100% CPU on my 3Ghz P4.)

Binaries for Win32, OS X, and Fedora Core will be available as soon as
someone out there sends them to me.  (Hint hint.)  If no-one sends
them to me, they won't exist, so there ;-).  (There's a .spec file for
building RPMs, so it shouldn't be too hard to do.)

enjoy,

Eternity is very long, especially towards the end.
  -- Woody Allen