[Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction

From: Christof Petig
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:10:55 +0200

Hi Nathaniel,

I decided to propose merging cvssync in small pieces:
- Win32 pipe abstraction
- cvs_import and cvssync diff apply code (yet to factor out so that both
share the same code,I need to contact Graydon about this) [that's
index_deltatext(), struct piece etc., most probably this will mandate a
sane scope for the global_pieces variable (rcs_import.cc:307)]
- anything ready by then

So here's my first part:
- nonblocking win32 pipe classes. Tested and working on unix, Compiling
and blocking on win32 :-(

I don't know what's wrong with "unit_tests.exe pipe" on Windows, it
looks like the process creation blocks :-( and my gdb only works outside
msys (but unit_tests.exe now uses cat, as you suggested).

I will try to address this problem later, but can you take a look at the
head of the cvssync.win32 branch and tell me whether it now complies
with your standards for merging ;-)

   Christof