Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction

From: Christof Petig
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:19:44 +0200

Zbynek Winkler schrieb:
> It is about how to do nonblocking check on a file descriptor descriptor
> to see if there is some data available. It is not as heavy weight as a
> full select.
>
> If you need the full select, why don't you try
> WaitForMultipleObjects(Ex)? IIRC it should allow you to wait on any
> waitable object (file descriptor should be waitable) with timeout...

Many thanks for your input and commitment, but honestly I mostly need
some debugging hints. The whole thing is already coded and worked well
until I changed the unit_test to test against msys' cat for binary
transparency.

I use overlapping IO and WaitForSingleObject which worked some time ago
in a different example but the regression test (unit_tests) currently
blocks _somewhere_ (it might even be a msys peculiarity). strace is not
available on Win32 and Wine fails with
fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 29 to STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
(29 is ESPIPE).

So it looks like I have to reboot after work to try gdb (I already
compiled a cat.exe which does not involve msys).

   Christof