[Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz oddities again?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: monotone-viz oddities again?
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:30:47 +0100

Richard Levitte - VMS Whacker <address@hidden> writes:

> In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:05:44 +0200, Olivier
> Andrieu <address@hidden> said:
>
> oliv__a> Monotone-viz puts leaves at the bottom of the graph. If it's
> oliv__a> in the middle, that's probably because there is a propagate
> oliv__a> from this revision to another branch.
>
> Ah, that's exactly it.  Interesting...

Oh, I see.  I assumed you were complaining about the same thing I was,
that although 7e8d1d331d6fd71d84b0db6b48de9265371b6541 is visible
(right at the bottom), its ancestors are way up the display somewhere.

That feels suboptimal to me.  If I run monotone-viz in a working copy
at some revision (or if I specify a revision), then I'm likely to be
interested in the ancestors and descendents of that revision.

In outline I think that's fairly easy to fix: set the weight of the
immediate edges from the revision to 2.  I haven't worked out how to
code it yet; OCaml's not my language.  Obviously the same idea
generalises, but I don't know what a suitable rule would be for
choosing the edges to mark.

[...]