[Monotone-devel] where to put a (default) database? [Was: clone cleanup

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] where to put a (default) database? [Was: clone cleanup failure on Windows]
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:32:43 +0100

Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> iv) Don't put the db file into _MTN?  It's kind of a funny place for
> it, seems to be causing trouble, and I worry it's going to totally
> bite someone on the butt when they (spread out over some months) do:

Certainly "funny" and counter-intuitive for mtn users (me included).
OTOH that's what Hg does, AFAIK, and probably also Arch & friends?
For CVS & SVN people just thinking that the "book keeping" directory
contains "the real stuff" is plain crazy: they know only the server
contains it.

IMHO a better default would be ~/.monotone/branch-name.mtn... or at the
very least; that's what I usually use. ^_^
(usually restricting to "first 2 component of branch name", e.g.
net.venge.mtn for mtn, it.lapo.mtn for personal projects...)

Small poll: what database file does other people use?

   Lapo