[Monotone-devel] Re: where to put a (default) database?

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: where to put a (default) database?
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:50:45 +0000

Lapo Luchini <address@hidden> writes:

> Nathaniel Smith wrote:
>> iv) Don't put the db file into _MTN?  It's kind of a funny place for
>> it, seems to be causing trouble, and I worry it's going to totally
>> bite someone on the butt when they (spread out over some months) do:
>
> Certainly "funny" and counter-intuitive for mtn users (me included).
> OTOH that's what Hg does, AFAIK, and probably also Arch & friends?
> For CVS & SVN people just thinking that the "book keeping" directory
> contains "the real stuff" is plain crazy: they know only the server
> contains it.

Not GNU Arch, no.  I believe you're right about most (Mercurial, git,
darcs), but GNU Arch isn't like that: the archive (and any revision
library you might want) are expected to be set up separately.  (Unless
it's changed significantly since I used it, but that kind of change
doesn't seem likely.)

[...]