[Monotone-devel] Duplicate keys

From: William Uther
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Duplicate keys
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:04:51 +1100

Hi all,

 A developer here was working at a remote site.  He took a copy of
the db but not a copy of his key.  He generated himself a new key
(using the same key id as his normal key), and committed using it.  He
got some error (now lost in the mists of time).  Another dev with a
laptop got a copy of the changes using diff/patch and committed them
using his correct key.

 Unfortunately, the db with the bad rev was sync'd into the cloud of
db's and now everyone is getting this message:

mtn: warning: ignoring bad signature by
'address@hidden' on
'address@hidden:YXUuY29tLm5pY3RhLmRnYw==]'

 I was hoping that the bad rev would eventually be ignored once
evveryone moved past it, but I just checked out a new workspace, and
it gave that warning too.  Is there an easy way to make that revision
go away, or does it require 'mtn kill_rev_locally' on every db in the
cloud?

Be well,

Will          :-}