Re: [Monotone-devel] Database gone wild...

From: William Uther
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Database gone wild...
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:15:25 +1100

Can someone please explain to me why a DB can pass a db check, then you sync with someone, then you don't pass a db check. Surely monotone should refuse to accept stuff it knows is broken.

I know how it happens. I just want to see if anyone thinks this is actually a good idea. I am rapidly coming to believe that is it a REALLY bad idea. Users, who need to be using this system so just turning off write access isn't a reasonable solution, keep pushing the same broken crap back into my cleaned up db.

It is somewhat frustrating...

Will         :-}