Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.ca can now be used as a server

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] monotone.ca can now be used as a server
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:11:29 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Sun, 24 Jun 2007 22:26:54 -0700, Nathaniel Smith
<address@hidden> said:

njs> On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 09:29:12AM +0200, Richard Levitte wrote:
njs> > In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:22:46 -0700,
Nathaniel Smith <address@hidden> said:
njs> > njs> Discussion question: should I restart it, or shall we just
njs> > njs> call monotone.ca the official server?
njs> >
njs> > Nothing can stop you from restarting if you want ;-).
njs>
njs> Obviously not.  For right now, though, and pending any future
njs> Awesome Cluster Stuff, what should we be putting on the webpage
njs> to tell people where to get stuff, and who should be in charge of
njs> managing the permissions list?

Good questions.  The Awesome Cluster Stuff, as you call it, will not
solve the question of who should be in charge of managing the
permissions list.

The simple answer is that I currently have no idea.  Ideas are as
welcome as patches ;-).

By the way, I think you should restart your server either way, if not
for anything else then because the buildbots depend on it, and
releasing (according to the notes about that) depend on the buildbots.
We probably need to rethink how the buildbots update their stuff, but
I think we need to implement the, what did ya call it?, oh, Awesome
Cluster Stuff first.

Cheers,
Richard

-----