Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Automate weirdness...

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Automate weirdness...
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:28:36 -0700

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 02:14:04PM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> If you didn't produce the LF, then what would you do for parents (or
> other commands that can return more than one): add a LF for each only
> when there's more than one, or omit all LFs (so the callers needs to
> know to split into 40 character chunks), or use LFs as separators, not
> terminators?

For that matter, it's possible that get_base_revision_id will return
multiple ids in the future, as support for workspace merge improves...

So let us espouse a less contested notion of truth and falsehood, even
if it is philosophically debatable (if we listen to philosophers, we
must debate everything, and there would be no end to the discussion).
  -- Serendipities, Umberto Eco