Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Imminent release...
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:28:48 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Thu, 02 Aug 2007 12:00:47 +0200, Markus
Schiltknecht <address@hidden> said:

markus> Considering that we really care only since we have the
markus> buildbots in place again, it seems a little silly to me to
markus> hold back the release.

I'll have you note that we cared before too.  I refused to make a
release when there were no buildbots at all.  In fact, that was the
primary reason I set up a master.

markus> Supporting all those architectures would of course be nice,
markus> and we should certainly strive for cross-platform compatibility.
markus> But most probably monotone didn't work and hasn't been used
markus> much on AIX or Solaris.

Mmmmm, I'm actually mostly thinking of Windows, which has been
supported with one binary in the past as well (just check the
downloads directory and you'll see them for yourself).

I'm fairly certain I've heard at least one Windows user squeek last
time I asked about this ;-).

markus> Let's go ahead and call it a release!

I'm tempted.

markus> > An alternative that has been suggested to me is to make a
markus> > release branch in which the problems are worked on while
markus> > things that are waiting to merge with the trunk can do so.
markus> > What do you think?
markus>
markus> To much administrative overhead, IMO.

That's also something I'm thinking of, if it's worth it.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/