Re: [Monotone-devel] Inconsistent behaviour and others: clone vs. pull

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Inconsistent behaviour and others: clone vs. pull
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 20:12:36 +0200

Dennis Schridde schrieb:
(1)
I noticed an inconsistent behaviour between clone and pull:
clone by default uses a key to connect to the host, while pull does not.

Fixed in c0281bd13c978c17a44d81c268a4f5fe22f0000f.

(2)
The fact that the server does not know they I try to authenticate with is denote with this cryptic message: mtn: warning: protocol error while processing peer monotone.ca: 'received network error: remote public key hash '9625eeea718bd974563ddedde9ff00e3195449a9' is unknown'

Could not change that without rewriting parts of netsync I probably do not fully understand - so not a quick hack :-/ Whenever "nuskool" (the highly anticipated, new network protocol) gets ready, we should think about this problem again and fix it early enough.

(3)
clone takes a -b argument to specify the branch, while pull wants it as a normal argument.

Fixed in c0281bd13c978c17a44d81c268a4f5fe22f0000f as well.

(4)
There doesnt seem to be an obvious way to make clone connect anonymously.

This was actually a bug, because not even --key "" worked. Thanks for reporting!

Thomas.