Re: [Monotone-devel] Inconsistent behaviour and others: clone vs. pull

From: Matthew Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Inconsistent behaviour and others: clone vs. pull
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 16:39:26 -0500

Thomas Keller wrote:
 >> (2)
The fact that the server does not know they I try to authenticate with is denote with this cryptic message: mtn: warning: protocol error while processing peer monotone.ca: 'received network error: remote public key hash '9625eeea718bd974563ddedde9ff00e3195449a9' is unknown'

Could not change that without rewriting parts of netsync I probably do not fully understand - so not a quick hack :-/ Whenever "nuskool" (the highly anticipated, new network protocol) gets ready, we should think about this problem again and fix it early enough.

I would have to say, I describe my feelings about nuskool as "worried" and "curious" rather than "anticipatory", but then again, I don't know much about it.

--
Matthew Nicholson
matt-land.com