Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: HEADS UP: wiki migration

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: HEADS UP: wiki migration
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 22:33:06 +0200 (CEST)

In message <address@hidden> on Mon, 05 May 2008 10:40:43 +0200, Lapo Luchini
<address@hidden> said:

lapo> Daniel Carosone wrote:
[...]
lapo> > Richard will shortly have another instance running off the
lapo> > branch at wiki-monotone.levitte.org, autoupdating from commits
lapo> > pushed to  monotone.ca.
lapo>
lapo> That's up&running, but the auto-update doesn't seem to always
lapo> work, so you may better have a local ikiwiki installation.

This morning, I realised what was wrong and corrected it.  It looked
at the wrong mirroring database, thus failing to update 90% of the
time because the other mirror process locked it out.  The pointer
having been corrected, it should now work smoothly.  And for those
wondering, the problem isn't with monotone, it was a human glitch (the
human being me ;-)).

lapo> It needs *lots* of perl stuff, but at least on FreeBSD and NetBSD
lapo> the installation is completely automated (also elsewhere, if you
lapo> use CPAN or a decent packaging system, I guess! Richard had a
lapo> few more problems with the Debian packages the other day, but
lapo> maybe it's just a misunderstanting on my side).

The greatest problem was that there are two packages that handle
Markdown, the older "markdown" (which is at version 1.0.1-7 and is
quite old) and the newer "libtext-markdown-perl" (1.0.19-1).  The
later is the continued development of the former.  The trouble is that
there's no official package for the latter on Debian [testing], which
is what I run on the server, so I had to build my own.
You really don't want to use the older "markdown"...  it's damn buggy!

Cheers,
Richard

-----

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/