[Monotone-devel] Performance Issues With Version 0.40

From: Anthony Edward Cooper
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Performance Issues With Version 0.40
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 00:50:34 +0100

   Hello all,

I have recently been trying out version 0.40 of Monotone with the application I'm developing (uses the automate stdio i/f) and I noticed a very noticeable drop in the performance of the get_content_changed command. I use it, not surprisingly, to get last changed details for files in file listings and file histories etc. When compared with 0.39 or earlier, it is approximately 5 times slower.

   Is someone already looking at this or should I raise a bug report?

Secondly, if I want to add a utility to the contrib directory under net.venge.montone can I just submit the revision on the head or would you like a separate branch that someone in charge can merge in? I have write access already as I have been developing on two other branches but just wanted to check first. The utility is just a very small perl script (not the larger application I was referring to above) so I guess it will be one file added, the README file in the contrib directory updated and something added to the news file (or does the build manager do that bit?).

   Many thanks in advance,

   Tony.