Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Mini Summit: 2009-01-18 - 2009-01-19

From: Timothy Brownawell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone Mini Summit: 2009-01-18 - 2009-01-19
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 10:06:01 -0600

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 13:21 +0100, Philipp Gröschler wrote:
> Matthew A. Nicholson wrote:
> > Please add your ideas to this list.
>
> * Concurrent access to a single Monotone database
>
> This has been discussed a few times, I'm not sure if a solution has
> already come up. A few ideas on this topic have been floating around for
> a while. As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to have one database file to
> which I sync from my workstation or laptop, and have another process
> (viewmtn or a self written PHP equivalent) accessing that database at
> the same time. Maybe for this specific problem there could be other
> solutions (besides mtn automate) than concurrently accessing the
> repository on the database/sqlite level.

nvm.tbrownaw.serve_automate may be interesting here, along with the
hacked viewmtn and usher included in nvm.contrib.webhost . It adds a
--bind-automate <addr> option to mtn serve, so it can serve automate
stdio over the network (without any authentication or access checking,
so don't put it on a public address).

> * Integrating a 'branch rename' command
>
> Currently I have a shell script available which was posted on the
> Monotone Wiki some time ago. With future changes to monotone it maybe
> uncertain how long that script will keep working. Next point is, one
> does always need to have that script available, since renamings must
> happen on all affected locations. Therefore, and as I have to use branch
> renaming quite often, it would be nice if that function could be
> integrated into the mtn binary.

Policy branches! :)

--
Timothy