Re: [Monotone-devel] compatibility of 0.40 and 0.41 question

From: Hugo Cornelis
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] compatibility of 0.40 and 0.41 question
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:40:19 -0600

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 9:21 AM, Markus Wanner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hugo Cornelis wrote:
>> I am surprised that a 0.41 monotone executable cannot trivially pull a
>> 0.40 database.
>
> Please note, that these are two slightly different things: pulling is
> done via netsync, different mtn versions very rarely break netsync
> compatibility.

That is what I thought too.

He already downgraded to 0.40 and things work now.  I am not really
sure about the details where things went wrong.  To repeat: he pulled
using a 0.41 mtn from a database served by a 0.40 mtn to a fresh
database initialized using a 0.41 mtn.

I don't have access to all machines to obtain more version
information, but the operational problem seems to be solved.

Thanks for the fast response.

Hugo

--

                    Hugo Cornelis Ph.D.

              Neurospaces Project Architect
                http://www.neurospaces.org/

                  Research Imaging Center
   University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
                    7703 Floyd Curl Drive
                 San Antonio, TX  78284-6240

                    Phone: 210 567 8112
                      Fax: 210 567 8152