[Monotone-devel] Problems with the tutorial

From: Gary
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Problems with the tutorial
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:31:59 +0100

I'm just running through the tutorial and have come across a minor
annoyance and a showstopper.

First, in section 2.6 it says I should do 'mtn add include/jb.h src'
which I did, but got a different result from that shown in the
documentation:

  mtn: adding include to workspace manifest
  mtn: adding include/jb.h to workspace manifest
  mtn: warning: Non-recursive add: Files in the directory 'src' will not be
added automatically.
  mtn: adding src to workspace manifest

(instead of:
  mtn: adding include/jb.h to workspace manifest
  mtn: adding src/apple.c to workspace manifest
  mtn: adding src/banana.c to workspace manifest
as per the documentation
)

I would guess this is just some behavioural change since the
documentation was done, so I just did 'mtn add src/*' which appeared to
do the right thing.

The next problem was when I tried to commit:
$ mtn commit --message="initial checkin of tutorial"
mtn: beginning commit on branch 'mimosa.ex2.5'
enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden (7d1cb011...):
mtn: error: sqlite error: SQL logic error or missing database

Eek!

Any ideas?

address@hidden ~/monotone/tutorial
$ mtn --version
monotone 0.45 (base revision: a19f8b2017c81c3c6c8b2bb3247f865f6ed4e5a9)

address@hidden ~/monotone/tutorial
$ uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 mimosa 1.7.1(0.218/5/3) 2009-12-07 11:48 i686 Cygwin