Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems with the tutorial

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Problems with the tutorial
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 15:33:59 +0100

Hi Gary!

Am 02.02.2010 14:31, schrieb Gary:
> I'm just running through the tutorial and have come across a minor
> annoyance and a showstopper.
>
> First, in section 2.6 it says I should do 'mtn add include/jb.h src'
> which I did, but got a different result from that shown in the
> documentation:
>
>   mtn: adding include to workspace manifest
>   mtn: adding include/jb.h to workspace manifest
>   mtn: warning: Non-recursive add: Files in the directory 'src' will not be
> added automatically.
>   mtn: adding src to workspace manifest
>
> (instead of:
>   mtn: adding include/jb.h to workspace manifest
>   mtn: adding src/apple.c to workspace manifest
>   mtn: adding src/banana.c to workspace manifest
> as per the documentation
> )

Thanks for noting, this has been corrected in
f01b3632ba87184bf215a9093ebbf7ad238baa8b.

> I would guess this is just some behavioural change since the
> documentation was done, so I just did 'mtn add src/*' which appeared to
> do the right thing.
>

> The next problem was when I tried to commit:
> $ mtn commit --message="initial checkin of tutorial"
> mtn: beginning commit on branch 'mimosa.ex2.5'
> enter passphrase for key ID address@hidden (7d1cb011...):
> mtn: error: sqlite error: SQL logic error or missing database
>
> Eek!
>
> Any ideas?

I'm not sure on this one, because I'm not using Cygwin, but can you
confirm that ~/monotone/tutorial/_MTN/options exists, has a reference to
your database file and that this database file is valid?

You can check the database file alone by triggering

mtn db check -d path/to/db.mtn

Thanks,
Thomas.