Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI

From: Simon Coles
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Workflow fact sheet for OAI
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:40:38 +0100

OAI schema / profiles are a very difficult and messy area and take a long time to come to a community consensus. e-Bank has been working on a data schema for OAI for some time now. Please see

http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/projects/ebank-uk/schemas/

for our output on this. There should be high level overlap that will allow dissemination and discovery at a domain level.

If we are going to be talking workflows then maybe it would be useful to have an e-Bank - myExperiment meeting?

Simon.

Jeremy wrote:
It would be good to cross-check these OAI entries for a workflow with those we have refined for the e-Bank data entries - for example the issues of granularity of the description, citations of the entries, etc. The source address is an interesting issue and relates to how the "effective workflow repository" is to be constructed - is this an institutional repository or a P2P sharing from researchers desktops, or a national repository? Jeremy