Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] using os x

From: Danius Michaelides
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] using os x
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:52:43 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008, Tony Linde wrote:

Thanks, Danius. I've just started and reaslised I don't know how to start :)
This is my first time with a Mac and OS X is still foreign territory to me.
Where the file developers.txt refers to apt-get, what do you do in OS X?

Sorry, I didnt take notes when i did my install, but here are a couple
of pointers, Tony:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowtoInstallOnMacOSX
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mac-os-x-installation.html

Basically, get Xcode installed and mysql, then use gem in the normal way
and the port command to installing libraries (i think i only needed to
install imagemagick).

Danius