Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] using os x

From: Linde, A.E.
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] using os x
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:05:00 +0100

<<copy the configuration>>

Brilliant – thanks, Danius. Much faster now.

t.

On 22/08/2008 09:50, "Danius Michaelides" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008, Linde, A.E. wrote:

> Hi Danius. Finally got it working!! As you say, imagemagick was the biggest problem and I went through a dozen different attempts using packages on the web and macports. Finally found a script which seemed to do the job. I've no idea if any of the aborted attempts made the final script work but, for what it's worth, I kept a log of what I did:
>
> =====
> ..
> =====

Excellent, thanks Tony - will try and fold this into the installation
documentation (it needs abit of an overhaul to cater for more platforms).

> BTW - 'rake db:migrate' only populated the development database. What do I need to do to get the production db populated? Actually, all I want to do is run in production mode on the same database so I get fewer messages.

You can specify the environment by passing RAILS_ENV to rake, eg:

rake db:migrate RAILS_ENV="production"

If you just want to use the same database then copy the configuration
of "development:" over to "production:" in database.yml.

Danius