nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] merged patch

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] merged patch
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 23:33:44 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:41:20PM -0500, Chris Allegretta wrote:

> Ack, I'm surprised gcc lets this go through without a complaint.  I dont
> think this type of declaration is portable.  I'll try and bang on this
> patch this weekend, there just seems to be something about it...it seems
> like we're doing an awful lot of memory allocations.  Considering the
> program is (in theory) exiting with abnormal status I would tend to try
> and keep the malloc()ing to a minimum.  Let me have a look.

Okay, the weekend came early ;-)  I was able to fix the
get_next_filename up to my liking so I committed the patch.  I think I
left some stuff out of the ChangeLog (bad me!).  Trying again to go
through these memory cleanup patches is a bit of a bitch, too may
different emails :)

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001