nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Patch to files.c

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Patch to files.c
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:34:41 -0500

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 03:40:54PM -0500, David Benbennick wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> > I did notice that when the first command hangs and is interrupted with
> > ^C, executing another command will cause nano to sefgault.
> > Apparently something in read_file is unhappy.
>
> Yeah, I noticed that last night but was too tired to fix it.  Anyway, here
> is a fix.  The problem was with the static variable size in read_byte.  I
> really hate static local variables; maybe someday I will make the
> read_file code cleaner.
>
> The patch includes what I sent last night.

Okay, I finally sorted through this patch.  I moved the open_pipe code
to nano.c because it does a lot of things that nano.c programs do, and
if it's going to be generalized it should probably be there anyway.  I
also dropped the backup_intr_char because oldterm should always have the
correct terminal info from before the program started, and since
open_pipe is in nano.c it now can see olterm which is static :)
Credited and committed.

Now onto this silly new BTS bug and hopefully I can release, woo! :)

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001