nano-devel

[Nano-devel] patch update, etc.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] patch update, etc.
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:07:33 -0800 (PST)

I've made some updates to nanomiscbugs2: more instances of "if (x ==
NULL)" and "if (x != NULL)" have been changed to "if (!x)" and "if (x)",
except in asserts and a few other consistent areas.  I've also fixed
another minor bug, reproduced as follows: If a file contains less than a
page of text, move the cursor to someplace above the bottom of the file,
turn marking on, and hit Page Down; the highlight won't be drawn.  The
problem was in do_page_down(), which only moved the cursor down without
calling edit_update() if there was less than a page of text; I modified
it to call edit_update() in that case if the mark was on.  Finally, I've
added DB's fix for the marked cutting segfault.

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanomiscbugs2-patch.txt

There are a few other bugs/issues I've stumbled across, too:

* --enable-tiny no longer turns off NLS support; since autoconf doesn't
have an undefine function, this may be difficult to deal with in a way
that would allow usage of NLS in tiny mode while keeping the needed
source hacks to a minimum

* when using nano compiled with slang in a terminal emulator (I've tried
it with xterm, rxvt, and aterm), the screen gets corrupted; since this
doesn't happen with ncurses-compiled nano, it looks like another slang
bug

* going to the bottom of (i. e. the magicline of) a file that contains
more than one page of text, turning the mark on, going to the top of the
file, cutting, and uncutting twice causes a problem; the first uncut
updates the screen properly, but the second one doesn't; I've been
trying to fix this, but every attempt I've made so far has either not
worked at all, fixed that one case and broken another, or broken Pico
compatibility

* Insert isn't read properly (it's interpreted as ^R) under
slang-compiled nano; DB's solution, as evidenced by his patch, is to
remove Insert key handling if slang is used, but considering that that
makes the ncurses- and slang-compiled versions of nano somewhat
incompatible, and that it's a (albeit minor) hack anyway, I'm wondering
whether it should be removed entirely; comments?

* I still haven't been able to reliably reproduce the justification
segfault; I'm still trying, though

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag