nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] useless include ?

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] useless include ?
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:59:18 -0400

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 10:31 am, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> but I wanted to be
> sure that I wasn't removing something that should have been there.  So I
> guess that it can be safely removed then?

i dont know what failures you saw in the past but, afaik, all standard gcc
packages have /usr/include and /usr/local/include in their default search
paths (or equivalent paths depending on your install)

> By the way, by install/runtime control, do you mean that it's supposed
> to be used for e.g. libraries that install their own header files?  If
> so, then it really needs to be removed, since nano certainly isn't one
> of those.

yes, that's what i mean ... for example, xine-lib would use it to determine
where the user wants to install xine.h and then it would make sure that
`xine-config --cflags` had the write info for apps that use xine ...

> Exporting CFLAGS should definitely work.  "./configure --help" also says
> that you can do it by exporting CPPFLAGS.

true ... i always forget about CPPFLAGS ... few people ever use it :)
but in this case, you're write ... CPPFLAGS should define the extraneous
include paths
-mike