nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Trailing returns

From: Marcus Bointon
Subject: [Nano-devel] Trailing returns
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:47:10 +0100

On quite a few occasions I've found the automatic addition of trailing returns to text files in nano to be a real pain. I found this message in the archives on the subject:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-nano/2005-10/msg00009.html

Can someone tell me why this is the default behaviour? I've googled for a reason but have not found one. Other editors I use don't do this, and I'd really prefer not to have to resort to futzing with sed to work around it.

Otherwise, is this the right place to request it as a (switchable) feature? Or did I miss it?

Apart from that, thanks for my favourite CLI editor...

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
UK resellers of address@hidden CRM solutions