nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] tab completion in the browser
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:12:14 +0200

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016, at 14:00, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> Umm... I brought assignments closer to do_prompt(), so reader won't
> need to scroll or remember/recall its value. (How else we can choose
> better places? Not used to this.)

Good.  However, don't insert statements after comments.  A comment
normally refers to what comes after it.  When you insert something,
the comment no longer makes sense.

> Did that. But I feel 'where_we_are' is ambiguous (not opposing the
> substitution of path_save). Maybe only I feel that way.

Looks fine to me.  What does 'path_save' mean?  What path? Saved
from what?  To me it's just as unclear, and far less unique.

> I could "make" source code in git after updating automake to 1.15
> (from 1.4; tried 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9)

Automake-1.11 should have been enough.  Or rather: the version that
your distro provides should have been enough.

> when README.GIT doesn't demand anything like that. Shall I send
> another mail (under different thread) describing whole scenario, in
> case it helps?

Already told you so.

Okay, now running the patch again...

Run 'src/nano' and type: ^R ^T M-G /home <Enter>.
And then type: M-G ../d <Tab> <Tab> <Tab>

I would have expected it to show me ../dev, but it does nothing,
or shows me dirs above the nano directory.

When the provided path contains a slash, cwd_tab_completion
ignores where_we_are and interprets the path relative to the
current working directory.

This won't be easy to fix, because when the provided path
starts with a slash or a tilde, where_we_are must be ignored.
But when not, it should concatenate where_we_are and the
given path, and then split off a filename again.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...