nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Incremental search

From: Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Incremental search
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:53:57 -0300

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Op 29-10-2017 om 03:26 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
>>
>> Attached is a proof of concept patch to implement incremental search in
>> nano.
>> [...]
>>
>> So, please tell me: is there interest in this feature?
>
> I think you are doing things the wrong way around: first implementing
> something and then asking whether people are interested in it.  It would
> be better to ask what people would like, which things in nano annoy them,
> and then implement or fix that.  You could organize a poll, or search the
> internet, or look through Savannah...

Thanks for telling me. This is a habit. I think about something that
can be improved and how could I implement that. If I've got a good a
idea and it seems simple to implement, than I announce may idea
together with a small proof of concept. I hate when someone announces
something big but the implementation never lives up to the hype.
That's mainly why I behave this way. I'll change my "modus operandi".

Anyway, I think I'll improve my patch a post something acceptable. Any
hint/suggestion about it?