nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nanorc.nanorc end-of-line comments

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nanorc.nanorc end-of-line comments
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:27:26 +0100

Op 17-01-18 om 19:50 schreef Mike Frysinger:
On 17 Jan 2018 11:31, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
Op 16-01-18 om 22:02 schreef Mike Frysinger:
personally i lean towards the latter: - for color values which aren't alpha-only, require quotes (or maybe always require quotes).

No, color names and numbers should never require quotes.

i'm not talking about color names/numbers, i'm talking about #rrggbb type values

Those are what I meant -- "color numbers", "color codes", "color encodings".

(or any other proposed values like rgb(r,g,b)) which is what this thread was
about.  those should require quotes imo.  trying to support unquoted values
everywhere will only add pointless levels of pain in trying to disambiguate
the grammar (and sometimes it'll be impossible).

Those hex color codes can only occur after a color command, with maybe an
intervening modifier.  Doesn't sound hard to me to get right, even when
allowing trailing comments.

Benno