Re: [Nel] Server

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: Re: [Nel] Server
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:19:46 +0100

>I have some problems launching the five services: log, login, moves, naming
and time.
>I found nowhere some help about the functionnalities about each service and
the order in which they start.
>Could you help me to launch correctly the services.

first, you have to create the ns.cfg file with:

--------begin of ns.cfg-------
Host="your nameservice ip";
Port=50000;
--------end of ns.cfg-------

after, you launch, in order:
- naming                   <-- used to find a specific service by his name
- log                         <-- centralized log for all service
- time                       <-- centralized time reference
- login                      <-- centralized user account for all shard
- moves                   <-- a shard

of course, some services will create some config file that you have to fill.
you have to put in the ls.txt the moves service host ip like this:

----
Shards = {
 "your moves service host ip", "the name of the shard appears on the client"
};
----

Vianney Lecroart