RE: [Nel] ugh, C++ is so obtuse

From: Pierre Bonnefoy
Subject: RE: [Nel] ugh, C++ is so obtuse
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:33:13 +0100

OK, I had the same problem as 'Robert' and Michael Warnock.

Thank you Vianney for the fix, although, now, I have a different problem
when compiling the client:

c++ -I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/home/pierre/STLport-4.0/stlport -g -O2
  -o client  character_interface.o client.o language_interface.o
login_interface.o move_listener.o pb_message_box.o player_view.o
shards_list_interface.o sight.o
lens_flare.o -lnelnet -lnelmisc -lnel3d -L/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -L/home/
pierre/STLport-4.0/lib  -lstlport_gcc
/usr/local/lib/libnel3d.so: undefined reference to
`NL3D::CTrackKeyFramerLinear<NL3D::CKeyQuat, NLMISC::CQuat> type_info node'
/usr/local/lib/libnel3d.so: undefined reference to
`NL3D::CTrackKeyFramerLinear<NL3D::CKeyQuat, NLMISC::CQuat>::getValue(void)
const'
/usr/local/lib/libnel3d.so: undefined reference to
`NL3D::CTrackKeyFramerLinear<NL3D::CKeyQuat, NLMISC::CQuat> type_info
function'
/usr/local/lib/libnel3d.so: undefined reference to
`NL3D::CTrackKeyFramerLinear<NL3D::CKeyQuat, NLMISC::CQuat> virtual table'
/usr/local/lib/libnel3d.so: undefined reference to
`NL3D::CTrackKeyFramerLinear<NL3D::CKeyQuat,
NLMISC::CQuat>::evalKey(NL3D::CKeyQuat const *, NL3D::CKeyQuat const *,
float, float, float)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have also a problem when compiling the server, but there are many many
error reports (file included).
Moreover, I have a little problem first when compiling server : There is
no --with-python option in configure, and, first, there was a problem as
Python.h was not found. I added by and in makefile the path towards Python.h
and subsequent files.
Shouldn't --with-python option be included also in configure for server ?

As a conclusion, I would like to thank people fom Nevrax and every people
involved in Nevrax.org for such a great job !

     Pierre Bonnefoy

[Moderation note: attached file removed for posting in the mailing list]