Re: [Nel] ugh, C++ is so obtuse

From: robert
Subject: Re: [Nel] ugh, C++ is so obtuse
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:23:43 -0800 (PST)

> *** For c++ addicts, here is the problem ***
>
> The link failed under GCC when we use non-inline functions in a template
> implementation.
> No problem with Visual C++ 6.0.

What is your programming environment like?  Do you have equal parts
Windows and Unix develovers?  What kind of testing do you have?
Judging by the dates in CVS it looks like you've been developing for
about five months, is this correct?  Is all of your development staff
focused on the GPL'd parts right now, or is some development already
underway for the proprietary content (game code)?

Is someone over there working on documentation?  Is there a public
document describing your objectives and plans?

I'm also still curious in which ways the non-nevrax community can best
assist your efforts.  It seems the bug reports and patches are
well-received, but without much documentation it's hard to tell where
our efforts are most needed.

Thanks!

Robert

--
Robert de Forest      " meetings, n.:
System Administrator         A place where minutes are kept