Re: [Nel] NeLNS compilation problems

From: Zane
Subject: Re: [Nel] NeLNS compilation problems
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 10:52:34 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cedric Valignat" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 6:30 AM

> It's just working fine on our computers and i can't find it could
> come but from a wrong link PATH, so i have some stupid questions
> for you (sorry for that) :
>
>    - Is your '--with-nel' configure option properly set ?
>    - Did you do, if it's necessary, a make install in NeL ?
>    - Could you send us your script to compile NeLNS ?

Well I'm was using the same method Monday as I was Friday and it worked on
Monday (after I updated from CVS) and didn't on Friday.  With my original
e-mail I attached nm output from the NeL libraries and the functions they
were looking for in the NeL library were listed but undefined.  The problem
wasn't how I was building NeLNS, it was that NeLNS was either looking for
the wrong functions or NeL wasn't properly exporting/defining the right
functions.  Anyway, here's the script I use for both NeL and NeLNS and they
both work without changes:

#!/bin/bash
./bootstrap
./configure --with-stlport=/usr/src/STLport-4.0 --with-stlport-include=/usr/
src/STLport-4.0/stlport --
with-python=/usr/include/python-1.5 --with-freetype=/usr/include/freetype2
make
#make install (uncommented in the buildnel script)

I'm not sure what was wrong but something in the Monday (not this Monday but
the 13th I believe) fixed it.  Not sure if you all want to pursue the issue
any further since it's working now, I'm not concerned any longer.

-E.J. Wilburn