Re: [Nel] compiling nel on ppc

From: n_ki
Subject: Re: [Nel] compiling nel on ppc
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:43:55 +0100

[23.01.2002 ° 11:30 Uhr] Vianney Lecroart -->

hi,.

>We assume that all linux are on x86 plateform (only because we can't test it
>on other plateform) so we don't set the good value for other processor.

a dangerous assuption ;)
   with a little planning the same codebase can run on ppc, alpha, ps2 or an
ipaq.  of course, im not suggesting you should, nor voluteering to port it!
 but cross platform stuff is MUCH easier with a single os!+

>We should use #defined value defined by configure to know if we can optimise
>some part in asm.

would make sense,.,

>We had the same problem on x86 and we fixed it (wait the next cvs syncro
>this night).

when does the cvs get synced, aproximately?

>But I warn you, we never try NeL on non-x86 processor, it surely doesn't
>work :) First you should fix types_nl.h and changed:

ill get back to fiddling with it then,.  . just to make sure it doesnt work!

zp.
 nk

 ][] [ http://f0.am ]   [foundation of applied mysticism   []    ] ]