Re: [Nel] (yet other) 3DS MAX questions

From: Cyril 'Hulud' Corvazier
Subject: Re: [Nel] (yet other) 3DS MAX questions
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:46:26 +0200

Hi Vincent,

>   * When you have a Rykol patch, maybe painted, is there a way to modify
> its geometry at this stage ? Such as a Max modifier ?

Check my previous post.

>   * I'm using the data I could download from Nevrax's site (Snowballs
> related), and I'm pretty confused by the patch painter tool. I compiled
> tile_edit.exe to change the absolute hardcoded path (I'm still having
> W:\..., sigh) of data/tilebank/bank.bank, and when opening a Snowballs
> patch it gives a strange look :

This tool (tile_edit.exe) is not the best written at Nevrax.. :)
To change the absolute hardcoded path, you need to have the bank and the tiles
at the good old location (w:/ ...) before convert its abolute path in
relative path, sorry for that. :)

The reason is, in the original version of tile_edit, the path was absolute.
In the new version, it is relative, but before converting an old bank
in new one, tile_edit makes a check.

Don't forget you have to select your tile bank with nel_tile_utility.dlu before
painting.
And never click on "Setup material", it is a deprecated feature that try to
create a 3dsmax
material per tile in the bank, but it take a lot of 3dsmax resources.

Your landscape looks like a new zone that has not been painted. (With
uninitialized random tiles).

Cyril Corvazier