RE: [Nel] (HELP) VS7 linking problem with driver_dsound

From: Vianney Lecroart
Subject: RE: [Nel] (HELP) VS7 linking problem with driver_dsound
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:40:15 +0100

>I am now working on building the 'nelns' code base, but am having
problems >with login_service, where connection_client.cpp and
connection_client.h are >not found. They are listed in the project
however. Have these files simply >been removed and not removed from the
project file?

All vc7 project are out of date, you should re convert them from vc6
one.
On the vc6 project, connection_client.cpp and connection_client.h don't
exist anymore and they are replace with connection_web.*

>Also I am seeing numerous mysql linking errors (unresolved external
>symbols), but am going to dig into that a bit more before asking for
help. >Just out of curiosity are the vc6 c++ compiler generated object
>files/libraries not compatible with vc7? (due to name mangling issues,
or >other problems?)

I don't know anything about compatibility with vc6-vc7 obj/lib, you
should try to have your answer :)
You need the mysql lib. I found it in a windows binary package of
mysql++

Vianney Lecroart