Re: [Nel] (HELP) VS7 linking problem with driver_dsound

From: Jeff Thompson
Subject: Re: [Nel] (HELP) VS7 linking problem with driver_dsound
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:13:46 -0600

Thanks again Ben,

I have some of nelns building now. I actually just looked in CVS and say that client were attic'ed.

I am now working on getting admin to compile, but am getting numerous unresolved symbols revolving around NLNET::CNetManager.

I've looked through the DLL's that have built using the vc7 project and only see three.

1) nel_drv_dsound_win_r.dll
2) nel_drv_opengl_win_r.dll
3) nel_memory_r.dll

I looked through these and none seem to export anything related to NLNET. I also looked at the net sub project and noticed that it (like several other projects) does not have a linker section under properties. Am I missing something here?

What is the list of DLL's that "should" be built? Also, what are their corresponding ".lib" files as they seem to be named differently than the DLLs.

Finally, it does not seem that any of the AI code is being built, or did I miss something here?

Thanks again for any help!

I should also mention that I am a professional Mac OS X developer (CodeTek focusses on Mac OS X software). I noticed that there is some effort going on to port to Mac OS X. Is there someone I should talk to about this? I would be interested in helping with this endeavor, but first I would like to immerse myself in the APIs and learn what's going on a bit better before I started helping implement core components that would allow things to work on Mac OS X.

Cheers!

Jeff

Jeff Thompson
CTO, CodeTek Studios, Inc.