Re: [Nel] (HELP) VS7 linking problem with driver_dsound

From: Ben Woodhead
Subject: Re: [Nel] (HELP) VS7 linking problem with driver_dsound
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:17:20 -0400

Hello

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vianney Lecroart" <address@hidden>
To: "'Developer's list for the NeL platform'" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 5:40 AM

> >I am now working on building the 'nelns' code base, but am having
> problems >with login_service, where connection_client.cpp and
> connection_client.h are >not found. They are listed in the project
> however. Have these files simply >been removed and not removed from the
> project file?
>
> All vc7 project are out of date, you should re convert them from vc6
> one.
> On the vc6 project, connection_client.cpp and connection_client.h don't
> exist anymore and they are replace with connection_web.*

That should not be the case, I sent in a complete vc7 project over the
weekend and then the missing memory.jcproj the other day. I tested this last
night and had no problems with a clean copy of cvs. So the vc7 projects in
cvs do work.

> >Also I am seeing numerous mysql linking errors (unresolved external
> >symbols), but am going to dig into that a bit more before asking for
> help. >Just out of curiosity are the vc6 c++ compiler generated object
> >files/libraries not compatible with vc7? (due to name mangling issues,
> or >other problems?)
>
> I don't know anything about compatibility with vc6-vc7 obj/lib, you
> should try to have your answer :)
> You need the mysql lib. I found it in a windows binary package of
> mysql++

I don't pretend to be an expert with vc ( I was always a linux developer and
I am new to windows) but there are usually differences with output from
different versions of compilers, so are name mangling type problems and
others are ABI changes. My guess, with microsoft is that this will happen
without execption, I don't think i have ever used a new version of anything
that didn't change the fileformats. :)

I don't have mysql on my machine and have not run into any problems with
mysql linking problems, what are you trying to compile. I must have missed
the server stuff. I only tested the client. I didn't look at the server
stuff at all yet.

Ben