netpanzer-devel

Re: [netPanzer-Devel] DirectDraw

From: Tyler Nielsen
Subject: Re: [netPanzer-Devel] DirectDraw
Date: 02 Sep 2003 11:21:34 -0600

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 09:53, Matze Braun wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 address@hidden wrote:
>
> -The name UILib seems somewhat strange to me... A Subdirectory
>  NetPanzer/Graphics/SDL or so would make more sense.
I agree.  But I tried to keep it similar to what was already there.  The
DirectX would be under the UILib directory and it would handle all the
stuff DirectX does.  Then as we remove the DirectX stuff, we change the
architecture to match what we want.

> -Do we want to wrap all the drawing routines once again? I think it would
>  make more sense to "inject" the SDL calls directly into the netpanzer
>  code. SDL already is an abstracted API, there's no need to introduce
>  another unneccessary layer of abstraction IMO... (NetPanzer already has
>  way too many of these)
Your right, I think we want to use more SDL stuff.  I don't think we
want to spread it around the code though.  In my mind we would want a
few classes under a 'graphics' directory that load images/blit/etc.  And
everything called those.  (And those would just call the SDL stuff)
Putting SDL calls everywhere seems almost as bad as putting DirectX
calls everywhere.

> My next big commit (which also contains a Makefile) is ready ... I'm just
> waiting until savannah updated the ssh keys...
Thanks,  I'm not sure what is safe to work on.  We probably ought to
stay away from big commits so we don't conflict on merges.

--
Tyler Nielsen <address@hidden>