Re: [Nmh-workers] Autoconf changes & new feature

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Autoconf changes & new feature
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 00:16:55 +0000

Ken Hornstein wrote:
>> Also there doesn't seem
>>to be anything in ChangeLog about this...
>
>Sigh.  It was getting late, I had to go home ... I wanted to get
>that stuff out there.  I'll do the ChangeLog later.

I'd care a lot less about ChangeLog if we had a vcs that let
us look at a sane changelog for the project :-)

>And I don't think it will break the debian packaging, because now
>the argument to --with-cyrus-sasl is silently ignored.

Oh, OK; that makes sense.

>it should still work fine.  If it doesn't, let me know

I've just tested, and configure fails with:

checking sasl.h usability... no
checking sasl.h presence... no
checking for sasl.h... no
configure: error: sasl.h not found

because sasl.h is in /usr/include/sasl/sasl.h

I think that's just a trivial error in your AC_CHECK_HEADER
invocation, though.

>>(I'd forgotten how lousy cvs was until I came back to
>>nmh; I don't suppose we could get consensus on moving
>>to a VCS with actual support for atomic commits and
>>other modern conveniences? :-))
>
>I kinda feel the same way.  My vote is for git,

I think git's UI is pretty foul but it has the advantage
that it's rapidly becoming the de-facto DVCS standard.
I could live with it or bzr.

> but the REAL question is: where to put it?

You have some reason for wanting to move away from
savannah? (they support arch, bzr, git, mercurial
and svn.)

-- PMM