Re: [Nmh-workers] Autoconf changes & new feature

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Autoconf changes & new feature
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:37:48 -0500

>The way every other autoconf package works is that when it gets done, it
>results in a Makefile that sets CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS appropriately, It sounds
>like what was done here was create a situation where you have to say:
>
>export CPPFLAGS=yadda
>explor LDFLAGS=yadda
>make
>
>to build it.  And that won't fly for distros that have automated build
>machinery.

I agree, that would not work for distros with automated build
machinery.  But that's not what I did (like I said before, I just
made nmh behave LIKE EVERY OTHER AUTOCONF PACKAGE).  You either set
CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS to the "right" value either in the environment or
on the configure command line, and the Makefile ends up with the
right value.  As opposed to what it did before, which if your SASL
library was in a non-standard location it worked right for Solaris
and nothing else.