Re: [Nmh-workers] urls from mhpath, and message store abstraction layers

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] urls from mhpath, and message store abstraction layers.
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 07:11:57 -0800

On 2012-02-06, at 6:28 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

> I understand where you're coming from, but I have to ask ... when
> people use mhpath to get the path of an MH message, what, exactly,
> are they trying to accomplish?  Usually it's something along the
> lines of "use some Unix text processing tool on this message".  For
> that you need to download the whole thing.

No, you need to download text parts.  It would be pointless to download the 15
multi-MB TIFF attachments as well.

We need to flesh out how MH will address per-message MIME parts and come up
with a consistent syntax for expressing that across the commands. Once we have
that, the mhpath solution should just fall out.