Re: [Nmh-workers] Request For New Feature: Unadorned Plus Sign

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Request For New Feature: Unadorned Plus Sign
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:22:39 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

> Folder name completion was what I wanted for. I guess that it's not to be.

If it is decent completion you want, then I would very much recommend
you consider using zsh instead of bash. It has good completion for MH
built in; just do: autoload -U compinit; compinit

> I would like to request a new nmh feature:
>
>   A pair of consecutive arguments: "+" "string", is regarded as a single
>   argument: "+ string".
>
> It would allow shell wild cards, would simplify many scripts and would allow
> shell file name completion to be used in nmh commands.

It'd only work if your current directory is your top-level mail
directory. For wildcards, zsh has something called a matching completer
which will let you use wildcards and expand them based on matching
possible completions.

> Note: This feature would break what is now either an nmh bug or an
> undocumented
> nmh feature: An unadorned plus sign designates the user's nmh mail directory.

That is surely a feature. I regularly use it in scripts along with mhpath
rather than hardcoding the directory.

Oliver